The push for Make in India initiatives is now even stronger, as global biggies are planning up their expansion plans inside India. Here is a summary of the biggest news related with Make in India this week:
Sony Will Now Make Xperia Phones In India
The onslaught of Chinese phone companies in India, using Make in India’s excellent platform, has now tempted Sony to follow suit. As per media reports, Sony will soon start manufacturing their best-seller series Xperia in India.
Reportedly, Foxconn may be contracted to assemble their phones in India, and later manufacture them as well.
Along with Xperia, Sony also plans to manufacture a sub-Rs 10000 smartphone, which would be solely targeted for Indian customers. As per senior industry experts, the first batch will roll out by the end of 2015.
We have been reporting Sony’s Make in India strategy since March this year, when Kenichiro Hibi, head of Sony’s Indian operations, said that Sony will start local manufacturing very soon. Early last month, we reported that Sony will start manufacturing their Bravia series of TVs in India, for which they have already contracted Foxconn.
Manufacturing Xperia phones in India will give Make in India vision a major push, considering that Sony is a one of the largest electronics major, globally. This single news can now attract lot more companies into the Make in India bandwagon.
Dell Looking For Investing in Smart Cities
Michael Dell, founder of Dell Computers is planning to use Make in India for venturing into the investment sector. In a recent interaction with media personals, Michael Dell said that Digital India along with Make in India can write a new chapter in India’s investment diary.
Although he didn’t reveal his exact plans, he gave an hint of his company’s upcoming plans, as he said, “The Smart Cities project is a tremendous opportunity for us. I met with companies like Inmobi and some of them here are doing interesting work. I want Dell to be an entrepreneur’s best friend,”
India has delivered maximum growth for Dell within the Asia-Pacific region, as their sales have grown 30% across all divisions. This has encouraged Dell and their stakeholders to invest more in the country. Considering that Dell specializes in hardware, Smart Cities can be an exciting venture for them. We will keep you updated as more details come in.
Aricent Will Invest $500 Million In The Next 3 Years
12,000 employees strong Aricent, which is one of the largest pure play product engineering and software firm from USA, will invest $500 million (RS 3000 crore) in India. This investment will be made in the next 3 years.
Aricent Chief Strategy Officer Payal Koul Mirakhur said, “From a corporate perspective, Aricent will be investing USD 500 million in the next three years in India, as it is the key geography for us,”
This investment will be used to enhance their delivery mechanism, and to create future software products in India. They already have presence in Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Gurgaon.
Make In India investments and announcements so far
- Samsung to invest upto $1 billion in Uttar Pradesh; Sony will start manufacturing as well
- Ford will open Rs 6000 crore factory in India
- Foxconn, SoftBank and Bharti to invest $20 billion in Solar Energy
- Foxconn will create 10 lakh jobs in India and manufacture iPhone
- LG announced Rs 1000 crore investment for domestic manufacturing
- Hero Group to manufacture electronics products in India
- Microsoft and Motorola will start local manufacturing
- Gionee will kickstart local manufacturing of their phones
- Lenovo will manufacture smartphones in India
- Airtel will make Make in India set-top boxes
- Japan to establish 11 industrial townships & double their investment
- Rs 4.5 Lakh Crore investments pledged during Digital India week
- Lava to invest Rs 2615 crore in India
- Foxconn commits investment of Rs 31000 crore in Maharashtra
- Phicomm to invest Rs 6300 crore in India
- ICICI Bank launches robotic locker made under Make in India
- Toyota to invest Rs 1000 crore
- Ericsson to start their 2nd unit
- Oppo will start manufacturing in India
- Sony Will Manufacture Xperia Phones in India
- Aricent Will Invest $500 Million
- Dell May Invest in Smart Cities
The post Make In India: Sony Will Make Xperia Phones In India; Dell May Invest In Smart Cities; Aricent To Infuse $500M first appeared on Trak.in . Trak.in Mobile Apps: Android | iOS.